Thursday, August 23, 2012

#80 - Ahh! Progress! - Aug 21, 2012


I was able to finally go through 300 emails today and get my inbox back to something reasonable.  Then I started to tackle things that had been waiting for me for a few weeks.  Taking things off my plate always feels nice.  I also was able to take care of a bunch of stuff from my personal to-do list while at work.  I finally got through to the school district office and made an appointment to register the kids for school, changed the address for some insurance, and put together the information package we need to get NY licenses.   Still missing one critical piece of information, but almost all of it is gathered and ready to go.  One of the things I was able to get to today was this outdoor cigarette butt disposal taken care of.  There was a hole in the bottom, so water drained out.  It was repaired a while ago by adding a metal bucket.  The bucket's bottom has rusted out, and the cigarette butts catch fire from time to time and smoke like crazy.  I was able to clear this up by throwing this old one away and starting the ball rolling for a different cigarette butt disposal unit to be mounted to the building.  These are the odd things that sit for months because nobody has time.  Today I had time.

Dad made more progress on the garage – the grill is done, it’s cleaner, and I picked up a hose and some salt for the water softener.

Tim was supposed to come out today and spend a few days with us, but he needed to stay in the city and try to close on an apartment.  But we had the neighbor girl over as well as the missionaries.  We put 10 people around our dining table, and it wasn’t even a special occasion.  It just happened that we had 4 guests.  But we sat comfortably, ate comfortably, and life was pleasant.  This is the kind of thing I had always wanted us to be able to do, but we just couldn’t.  For some reason, we just couldn’t.  It was easy tonight for some reason. 

And then, once again, it was time for bed.

No comments: