Friday, August 10, 2012

#65 - Preparing for guests day 1 - Aug 6, 2012

The plan for today was to go to work, come home, and clear all the boxes out of Christian’s room.


Mission accomplished. We found his fishtank and put it on his night stand, took several boxes that were not his out of his room, and otherwise made great progress. It took us about an hour.

The pool is greener than it has been. I have to figure out some things because I think I know a problem in the system, but I’m not sure, and I don’t know how to deal with it, either. Hopefully I can give the system enough attention to make it swimmable by Thursday.

I also started to wrap my head around the final logistical non-unpacking parts of our move: the new driver’s licenses, vehicle registrations, kids school registrations, changing addresses for insurance, and various and sundry other things. Our lives take considerably more logistical support than they did when we moved to Oregon.

The pile of mail I picked up at the UPS store brought this home to me. Then I stopped by Home Depot and got Christian a closet rod, and then I headed home.

Random pic of the day: we have accumulated a nice selection of things the movers broke.  One of the highlights is the wing of my Super Cub.  The box is marked "FRAGILE - Airplanes".  When I opened the top of the box, the wing popped out.  So if you cram somethign delicate into a box, and then mark it as fragile, does that make your packing job better or worse? 

The wing is supposed to be straight, of course.  This wing is my Ducks wing, green on top, yellow on bottom with Duck Wing decals.  It will need to be replaced.

No comments: