Saturday, August 4, 2012

#47 - Out of the hotel. One small step for a man. - July 19, 2012

I missed daily entries for about 2 weeks. Entry #44 to #55 is out of order, but they will all be posted on the same day. So if you are confused, check the date and that’s probably why.


Thursday. Got to work, checked my email. I had gotten an email from the seller later Wednesday night saying she was okay with a rental agreement, and asked me to call her in the morning.

So I did. She thought there might be a standard rental agreement online, and said she’d look for it. By noon, she wrote that she didn’t find anything, and that if I could make a couple changes to the draft I had sent earlier, she’d be fine with it. I went to the house and changed the locks. They had left us 2 keys to the house. One key worked in 1 deadbolt, the other worked in the handle of a different door. If we locked all the doors and walked out, we’d be locked out of the house. Conversely, we had heard that the family’s son was very bitter about the sale, and we figured he had keys to let himself in. So we could lock ourselves out, but couldn’t lock the sellers out.

Katrina had checked out of the hotel. I sent the seller the modified rental agreement at 2pm and continued on my work day. At 4pm, she sent me an email saying she was fine with it, and saying “I assume you want to move in on Friday.” I was home at 5pm with dinner. I don’t recall what it was. But we were home.

Katrina was worried until about 6, when I mentioned that we had the agreement in place, and we were officially allowed to be there.

We unloaded the basics from the van – the air beds for the boys, some clothing. I had brought Aria’s bed home from the storage unit, and we bought a bedroom set from the sellers. Libby and Aria would share, Katrina and I would sleep on the seller’s old bed until our bed arrived and we could throw it out. Everybody has a bed, and everybody has a blanket.

And we’re sleeping in our home. Or the seller’s home that will soon be ours. Whatever.  We have completed moving around.  It's about stinkin' time.

No comments: