Saturday, August 4, 2012

#44 - Sardinia - July 16, 2012

I missed daily entries for about 2 weeks. Entry #44 to #55 is out of order, but they will all be posted on the same day. So if you are confused, check the date and that’s probably why.


The life we live at present can best be named Sardinia.  There is no room to play, no room to relax except on your own bed. 

I expected to hear good news on the house today, but instead got nothing. Nothing.

I had to work a longer day, and Katrina and the kids ate dinner separately from me. Nothing remarkable at work, and just waiting for news on the house.

I got a call at 3:30pm from the cable guy. He was running late, but was that ok? I told him I was not expecting to see anybody from the cable company today, but that I could meet him. So I wrapped up things at the office and went to the house.

He left about 4:30, once we had tested the cable box and internet. Everything seemed in good order, so I sent him on his way. Then I was in my house, and decided to hang out until the family arrived for our final walkthrough. The basement pump sounded really loud (I learned later that was typical for basement jet pumps), but otherwise the place looked fine to me.

Beth and then Katrina and the kids showed up. We looked through everything, and it was clear that the place was not as clean as we expected it to be. And probably not as clean as the seller expected it to be, either.

The bedrooms were okay, but there was a pile of junk in the garage, and another in the driveway, and the kitchen was gross. But that was our list – we’d ask for some cash to pay someone to clean the house and we’d ask about the pump.

Very excited to be closing on the house quickly.

No comments: