Saturday, August 4, 2012

#62 - Cruising through unpacking - Aug 3, 2012

Today I hit my snooze.  Hit it again.  And then turned off the alarm clock.  Thankfully, Katrina had let me pass out early, and I woke up at 5, ready to get moving.  Work went smoothly, and then I came home to meet with a member of my team.  Some women from church were here to help unpack, and the team delivering our dining room table was here as well.

We got lunch and notified the kids that we'd talk out by the pool, and they could join us if they wished.  So they all changed and came out to swim.  We had a nice chat that lasted a couple hours.  Some good and helpful things came of it. 

I had received a call while he was here, and a machine needed some atttention.  I ignored it while he was here, and when he left, I hooked up the router that the women had found and set our TV up for WiFi.  And I found Sleepless in Seattle.  Katrina and I sat and watched it, and the kids came around from time to time.  It's really a creepy movie, with this woman hiring a private investigator to get information on someone she has never met.  They never have even a conversation, but at the end of the movie they leave the Empire State Building late at night, holding hands.  Happily ever after?  Looks like something doomed to failure.  And it's interesting to note that between FaceBook and Google, you can find that much information on almost anyone almost instantly.  

This is how it looked when I started.
At the end of the movie, I picked up my cell. I had received 3 calls on it about this machine that needed attention, and I spent the next hour or so arranging things.  Then we got the kids to bed, and I went to work in the basement.  I worked down there until 1230.  At that point, I had cleared enough space to move the weight machine to where it belonged, and put up one of the shelves.  I called it quits then, happy with my progress but wanting to do more.

I checked in on the fab, and found that I had a few more things I could do to help it along.  I got those moving, and then I went to sleep. 

The house looks completely different than it did on Wednesday evening.  The living room is set up, the craft room is cleaned up and everything put away.  It's not all in its correct place, but it's all out of boxes and put somewhere.  It's usable.  Katrina has been putting in long days, and we've kicked some serious box butt.

My basement area is much better as well.  Not quite usable yet, but there is a path forward.

No comments: