Saturday, August 4, 2012

#48 - Woke up at home this morning! - July 20, 2012

I missed daily entries for about 2 weeks. Entry #44 to #55 is out of order, but they will all be posted on the same day. So if you are confused, check the date and that’s probably why.


Friday. I woke up at home today for the first time in nearly 6 months. A zombie, I headed into work to finish this week, and look forward to a better weekend.

The morning soon proved to be eventful. I got a call from my attorney in the morning. The title was clear, and we were ready for closing. But the attorneys were not available until next Friday. By the end of the day, we had a date, time and location for closing that was no longer hopeful. The house was working out, the financing was all ready to go. No more hurdles to cross, no more wondering if the sellers might want to rent it to us, since we've woked out a rental deal.

Now we could focus a little on getting settled.

The kids have enjoyed this large empty house to its fullest – they run, they jump, they play. They scream. It’s a very loud place. And we were surprised to find that when the kids run in their hallway downstairs we can feel the house shake upstairs. The inside of the house is going to have to be quiet if anyone is to get peace. Katrina and the kids had cleaned out the fridge while I was at work, as well as some of the kitchen cabinets. Now I could buy food.

I unloaded the rest of the van, and we searched for the kids’ toothbrushes. This is a common occurrence, I don’t know why it’s so difficult for us. But it is.

I made a run to the storage unit during work today, and Katrina and I went out to clear it out tonight. It was only Aria’s box spring, dresser, and a few little odds and ends that needed to be cleared out. We also picked up a Rug Doctor to clean Christian’s carpet.

Nice to have that done. I feel more permanent now that we don’t have a storage unit.

No comments: