Saturday, August 4, 2012

#49 - Assembling bedroom sets, stocking the pantry - July 21, 2012

I missed daily entries for about 2 weeks. Entry #44 to #55 is out of order, but they will all be posted on the same day. So if you are confused, check the date and that’s probably why.


Saturday. Katrina cleaned Christian’s carpet while I got to work on the pool, and took Aria’s stuff into her room. I also checked out a garage sale at our next door neighbor’s place. I bought a ping pong table for $10. Christian helped me wheel it into the garage. I also got some dishes, so we don’t have to use paper plates any more. I hate paper plates. We got out later in the morning, in split cars. Aria and I hit the storage unit first, where I told the guy we were done, he checked the unit, and closed out our paperwork. Then we went to our PO box. Then to Sam’s Club, where we sat down and had pizza for lunch.

I don’t think I have ever purchased and taken so much bulk into my car in one day. Ever. We completely filled a basket with non-perishables. Cans of olives, peaches, snack bags of chips, fruit snacks, an extendable duster set, a microwave (the kitchen lacks a microwave), and on and on. Katrina gave me permission to buy the TV I wanted. It’s a huge thin LCD, with HD and passive (which means like the theater) 3D. It was too big to take home, and I didn’t see any boxes on the floor. The cart was completely packed.

So we went out to Gortja, packed her up, and went back into the store for perishables. Once again, the cart was full. We have a roast, hamburger, milk, eggs, cheese, ketchup. Food! And I bought everything we need to make tuna noodle casserole for dinner.

I don't know why Blogger does this - it's probably something
to do with using an Apple phone, a MS browser,
and a Google blog app.  Argh.  But here are the girls,
moving furniture.
The evening was spent assembling Aria’s bedroom set – the bed frame, mounting the mirror on the dresser, positioning everything. She was ecstatic. She was the first person to have her bedroom arranged, and she wasted no time getting settled. As I was working on it, I jokingly told her to get the mattress from the garage and bring it up.  She took it as a challenge (I love that kid!), recruited Libby, and in a few minutes, a box spring rolled into the hallway. 

Katrina had also gone to Namco and purchased our patio furniture. The fan was packed with patio chairs and a 4-person table, and a couple umbrellas.

No comments: