Saturday, August 4, 2012

#53 -FHE on the front porch - July 25, 2012

I missed daily entries for about 2 weeks. Entry #44 to #55 is out of order, but they will all be posted on the same day. So if you are confused, check the date and that’s probably why.


Wednesday. Closing is becoming real. Katrina and the kids cleaned more today. That’s really been the focus since we got in here. Clean everything, so that when things arrive, we can put them away. Katrina called some cleaners, and they came earlier in the week, and the basement looks better. The windows are cleaned, and the kitchen is mostly wiped down.

I’ve been cooking with my camping mess kits. I really did not expect to make pancakes for 6 with my little camping whisk or use my 2-qt pot to cook oatmeal for my breakfast. But it works fine, and that’s what I do.

I swam again today. Still not enough progress on the pool. But I was told by someone at work that he has a similar pool – in ground, with a DE filter, and what he does for chemical is pours a few gallons of bleach into the water at the beginning of the season, and that’s it. So I need to buy some bleach. Good old chlorine bleach.

And tonight we had our first FHE here.  Aria provided the lesson, she and Liberty had made brownies during the day.  We sat on the screen porch and had a very nice time.  It had been soooo long since we had done that.

I went to the bank today and completed withdrawing from the Sylvan Lake Rd property. We walked away from that deal months ago, and our attorney never sent us back the check. He said that he requested it, but he never called to say it arrived, and did not mail it to us. So last week I went to the bank to find out how to report the check lost or stolen to get the money back in my account. Turns out that once the check has sat for 90 days it can be cancelled relatively easily. But it took a while to identify the transaction (the details aren’t important, just know that the teller at the bank was really helpful) and then we were only a week from 90 days. So today when I went back, she finished the job, and I walked out of that building completely disengaged from that attorney and Bank of America.

It’s all bits and pieces. Steps to finishing this transition that is soon going to be final. The transition will take a year. Once the house is in our name, the other steps are downhill. We’ll be over the hump, our things will arrive, we will unpack, and then we’ll settle into a groove.

No comments: