Monday, August 6, 2012

#64 - Complete Normalcy - Aug 5, 2012

Today was normal. Just normal. We got up, went to church, came home, Katrina took a nap, I puttered around the house. We had dinner, played a game of Ticket to Ride (Libby’s first ever), and went to sleep.


Really a very normal Sunday, the way they should be.

Along the way, I finished my first pass at the basement unpacking. We have many many boxes filled with misc items. We need to go through them and sort them. But I have opened every single box, identified the ones filled with decorations, and stacked them neatly under the kids’ floor. The camping gear is laid out on a shelf, the chemistry and biology supplies are in drawers, the book boxes are stacked in one location. I have enough space to do the final assembly of the home gym, and the center of the floor is clear of boxes. Much better than a few days ago. Katrina and I also made some progress on our room. It’s just a few hours from done.

Katrina delivered a lesson in Relief Society today, and she was quite relieved to be done with it. At the same time, I think she feels much more confident in doing that on a regular basis. I had my first day as the Primary Pianist. I’m a little less confident. I practiced, but I still was terrible. I’ll get better, but it’s going to take a ton of work. The children’s program is at the end of September. So I have to prepare 9 songs for performance as an accompanist in 8 weeks. I have only performed 3 songs total before, and I had 3 months for each song. And in no case did I do what I thought was an adequate job.

The Lego room is working out really well. The kids head down there by default. They spend nearly all their free time down there. I still have not found the boxes of Legos, but there were enough scattered in other places that they’ve got enough to play with.

We made a plan to finish preparing for my parents’ arrival on Thursday. The basement is done until then. I’m going to help Christian with his room (which is the guest room) on Monday night, Katrina and I will figure out the kitchen on Tuesday night. Hopefully on Wednesday we’ll have Christian’s closets redone and some blinds added. I have a work function on Wednesday night, but before I leave for work on Thursday, my bedroom also needs to be complete, the recliner assembled, and the electronics hooked up to the TV. The garage will wait, and so will the other kids’ rooms.

No comments: