Thursday, August 16, 2012

#69 - A day with grandparents - Aug 10, 2012

I went into work a little early-ish today so I could come home a little earlier. I took care of a bunch of stuff that had been sitting in my to-do list and came home.


I had to figure out what was for dinner because the ladies (Aria, mom, and Katrina) were headed out to do the grocery shopping. I put some baked potatoes in the microwave, and that’s what they ate while I got some sweet potatoes fried and flounder fillets in the oven for the rest of us. They ladies left, and we ate.

Dad had made good progress on the pool – he had found the valve to allow water to flow through the chlorinator which I had not noticed, so we were starting to get chlorine back into the system. He had figured out the backwash system, and Christian and Libby and he had scrubbed the sides of algae.

Mom and dad had spent the day hanging out with the kids outside, around the pool, in the Lego room.

Evening was easy. I burned a bunch of packing materials that had gotten wet in an effort to clear up the driveway so it would be a circular driveway again. Christian and Jakers helped me bring some wood from the wood pile over to the fire pit, and once it had burned down, dad and the 3 kids and I sat around the fire and roasted marshmallows.

The ladies came home, we put away the groceries, and we were all in bed by 9. Nice day. Nice to have the kids’ grandparents around.

No comments: