Thursday, August 23, 2012

#77 - More Garage Sale Adventures - Aug 18, 2012


Dad and I ate breakfast that Aria made, and then went out to the garage sale.  It was a wonderland.  Real mink coats, a Cessna propeller, a nice table saw, electric train set, antique furniture, loads of interesting things.  Dad picked up a book and a manual computer (like a slide rule, but built for pilots), and I found a splitting maul, c-clamps, snow shovels, a fog machine, and of course we paid for the snow blower. 

I could have spent a lot more money there, but I held back.  Katrina and I have recently switched financial roles in the family, and I feel much more responsible now.  I have an obligation to not blow the budget, so I’m careful to not buy too much.  The woman running the garage sale was named Kathi.  She does garage sales full time as a job.  So I think I need to put her on my favorites list on my phone.

We got home at 10.  Dad went inside to sit on the porch and read.  I was going to head in through the porch door and noticed something sparkly hovering in the air.  This spiderweb was unlike anything I’d seen before.  It was 3D instead of 2D and it caught the light beautifully.  I called dad over to see it.  It was wondrous.  He was on the inside of the door and I was on the outside.  I got it on camera, but it was much prettier in person.  

At 11:30 I went with mom to pick Aki up from the train station.  That went off without a hitch, and we brought Aki home.  She said hi to dad, and then went out to play Uno with the kids by the pool.  I spent the afternoon working on the TV/DVD/Wii setup.  I had the units hooked up, but the cabling was ugly, so I rerouted everything and made it work.  It looks much better now, and almost everything works.  I discovered late in the process that I had missed the cables that hook the cable box up to the TV.  So I have to do that still. 

Aria made curry for dinner tonight.  It was okay – a little thin for my taste, and she did not read the label on the apple juice can, which made me chuckle inside.  I didn’t mention it to anyone until now.  If you mix 1 12oz can of frozen apple juice concentrate with nearly 1 gallon of water, it’s not very flavorful.  The other kids would have said something if they had noticed, and all the adults were quiet about it.

No comments: