Friday, June 8, 2012

#6 - Yet another move - June 7, 2012

We settled on a few things yesterday.  First is that we accepted that we will not move in to our new house until the middle of July at the earliest.  Which is a bummer.  Second is that we accepted that we will move out of the hotel near the end of June.

So I went looking for furnished places on Craigslist yesterday, and found some in our price range, relatively closeby.  I put out a few emails, and today I'll make some calls.  I need to figure this out in the next 7 days so we can move out of the hotel as early as possible. 

I also was able to do some work at the office that I had been dreading.  Turns out that it's not actually that bad, now that I can do it right.  The first time I did it, I messed it up completely and it took me 5 hours.  I got it down to 2 hours this time, and I'm pretty sure I got it right.  The numbers all look right.  And I got it done just in time for my boss to pull some graphs out of it. 

And then I put together some more slides for our company president to see next week.  I expect my boss will change them dramatically, but I did create a little bit of content.  So I suppose I have crossed another bridge in my acclimation to life here.

Not only can I contribute,  but my boss sometimes needs my work and input.  At my old place, I felt that I was consistently contributing.  But I rarely got the sense that my boss needed my specific contribution.  It made me feel good.

On top of that, I saw my first bonus check in my boss' hand last night.  So I should get that this morning, and I'm quite excited.  How nice to be in a company that has bonuses.  I also learned something about future bonuses, and that's also nice information to have. 

Off to work and to find yet another temporary place for us to live!

No comments: