Saturday, June 16, 2012

#13 - Off to the Rescue - June 14, 2012

I took the kids to school this morning.  It was a half-day, and after Katrina took them to the hotel, she went off to rescue her cousin.  A second surgery, this one to clean a clogged liver duct, has to happen, and Katrina wanted to help.  So off she went.  I spent most of the work day interviewing people for our new spots.  I did have a very pleasant 3-way discussion about our roles and responsibilities and manpower and strategic planning with my comanager and boss.  Which ate up most of the time I was supposed to spend working on something else.

We have an hour between Arai's school start and the other kids, so after we dropped her off, we went to the elementary school where Christian and Libby played.  It was a no school day for Jake, so Katrina kept him with her.

The school placement here is odd.  It's in the country (there's a small farm with cows a quarter mile down the road), and you can see grassy hills behind it.  But I don't think anyone has to drive more than about 10 minutes to get there. 

It opened in 2004, and everything still looks immaculate.  There is a swale off to the left, with wild forest and a pond.  There is no street bordering the school.  It's not meant for walking access, it's meant to be driven to.  And it feels like an oasis in a forest.  The forest broke, and a school popped up.  It's extremely peaceful and pretty there.

After I finished work, I headed home.  Aria made mac and cheese, and I headed over to buy milk and root beer float supplies.  She finished the stuff, we all ate dinner (except for Jake, who I caught dumping his dinner in the garbage).  Then we had root beer floats.  Actually, only Libby did.  Jake didn't get dessert (dumping), Christian wanted just ice cream and so did Aria, and all I wanted was some root beer.  But we all COULD have had root beer floats.

Then I sent the kids to bed, and I watched the Miami heat keep the Thunder under control for the entire game.  Great game to watch - 2 really good teams, both valid champs.  I'm looking forward to the game on Sunday.

No comments: