Saturday, June 30, 2012

#27 - The saga continues - June 28, 2012

Today I finalized the last pieces of our loan paperwork.  Homeowner's insurance, motorhome documentation, what I thought were the last pieces.  The lender has put someone else in charge of gathering the final pieces of information, and she is not clear on what I need to do.

But I learned that splitting the oil tank cost can't be in the contract.  The underwriter sees that as an additional concession, so it has to be removed.  I called the seller and emailed her.  We agreed to meet at the house at 11am tomorrow to look at furniture that she wants to sell.  I'll ask her about the oil tank funding as well.  We'll have to write her a separate check for it.  No big deal.

Work was nothing special.  I've been able to knock out more long-term things this week as other projects complete or start to propel themselves forward with less effort from me.

For the evening, I got things done - I went to the mall.  I needed a new laptop backpack for about a year.  This week I had the time to buy it, and BestBuy had almost exactly what I wanted.  I shopped for TVs there.    Waiting for TV sales seems silly to me.  If you look at Walmart, Sam's Club, Costco, and BestBuy, one of those places will have a TV that meets your needs at a great price.  It's pretty simple.  BestBuy had the best deal on a 60" that I've seen so far.  I went to JCPenny to pick up a bunch of shirts I ordered a few weeks back.  And I also went to Target to get a laundry bag.  I have all my dirty laundry sitting in a pile on the floor inside the closet now, which is not where it belongs.

I got home to an empty house, went to my room and turned on the AC.  Then I relaxed.  The family was at a friends barbeque.  Some blogging, a couple games of football, some reading.  During my downtime, I heard a little slapping sound.  It didn't stop, and when I investigated, I found that the AC unit was leaking condensation into the room.  I placed my water  cup to catch the drip and got back to my relaxing.  The cup filled in a couple hours.  I didn't want to leave the room.  So I drank the water quickly.  It was the grossest thing I've ever consumed.  It tasted like mold.

I had some stomach queasies that I suspected were mental, put the cup back, and went back to my football game.  Eventually, it was time to sleep.  So I turned off the AC and slept.  It was a hot night, and the AC had done a good job of cooling the room down, but it was still too hot to sleep well.  I tossed and turned a lot.

No comments: