Tuesday, June 19, 2012

#18 - A very good day - June 19, 2012

A very interesting workday - morning putting some things together that have sat for too long, lunchtime giving a potential new member of our team a tour of the area.  Had some email exchanges with my old boss. Then I had a fascinating talk with someone.  I needed some information from him but I thought he would only give it to me reluctantly if I asked straight out.  So I went at it a different way and got what I needed.  I'm rarely good at being sneaky like that, but it worked this time, and it was the right thing to do.

Then I had an interesting meeting where I learned some important strategic things.  Hard to explain why it merits mention here, but it marked a point in my development here where I'm trusted with information that isn't widely spread.

Then home, a little video game, then off to pick up Aria's bedroom set.  It took Katrina and I over 2 hours to load it in and on Gortja and load it in the 4th floor storage unit.  Glad that's over.  Looks like a heat wave is coming our way.

Good stuff going on.  The next 6 months are going to be so much fun.  It's just going to be fun to be a part of it.

Oh yeah - and then I came home to watch the Heat beat the Thunder, and they did.  They're up 3-1 in the series, each game decided by less than 10 points, right down to the wire.  So much fun to watch 2 great teams play.

No comments: