Thursday, June 21, 2012

#20 - Clearing up the inbox - June 21, 2012

Wow.  What a day.

The fab was in really good shape today, not many machines down, and the team had all of those under control.  So I got to spend the day accomplishing things. 

Firstly, I took my inbox from its 100 initial messages to 48 messages that needed action to just 23 messages that needed action.  I prepared for my meeting with the VP, and learned some good things there.  It's interesting to talk with people at TEL. Nobody EVER makes you feel that you asked a stupid question.  The meeting was about something that we're trying to improve on and we've made a lot of progress.  I asked what I thought might be a dumb question, but it seems nobody from my site had asked it before, because the people in the room with me got interested looks on their faces.  So I may have found a way to save us $100K a year without too much effort. 

I finished working up our new schedule, and made good progress on our training plan.  My inbox is well under control, and tomorrow I have 6-8 more things I can knock off.  And next week I don't own the fab, so I should be able to push into some brand-new projects, which is really exciting.  I've been plugging away slowly at many things at once, and it's nice to put some of them on auto-pilot and start some new things percolating.

I called our attorney yesterday, and got no answer.  So I called his cell and got no answer.  Today I found out that the sellers did sign contract, but there is a question their attorney has and our attorney has to answer it.  I know what the question is, and I gave the seller's attorney the answer.  But despite calling my attorney again today, there is still no answer at either phone, and no movement on our contract.  I'm very frustrated with NY attorneys. 

When I got home, I cooked up some Jumbalaya and went down to watch the kids swim.  Tonight, Libby showed my a true breast stroke for the first time!  No nose-plugging, just a solid overhand.  Good stuff.  And tonight, I watched the Heat beat the Thunder for the 4th straight time.  A beautiful game, 2 great teams.  But tonight, no team could contain the Heat.  They were just too good.  And LeBron James is a class act.  Period.

Tomorrow I'm taking the boys camping overnight, and then Saturday night I'm heading down to Brooklyn to help Tim move.  Busy days coming.  Now for a little sleep.

No comments: