Friday, June 29, 2012

#24 - Moving forward with the house - June 25, 2012

This week I am focused on finishing the house purchase.  By Friday, I want there to be nothing else I have to do. 

So today I followed up on some paperwork for the motorhome sale.  Dad hasn't had the time to work up anything yet, so I'm trying to make it easier for them both. 

The thing I'm focused on today is staying awake enough to function and be alive.  I got home from work at about 3am, and slept until 5.  Got up, went to passdown, and came back to the hotel.  We're leaving the hotel tomorrow, and much cleaning and packing needs to be done.  But I was not very functional after 3 nights of almost no sleep, and 2 days of physical activity.  I took the kids down to breakfast, then went to the rental unit to buy some boxes, and got home about 9:30, barely able to hold the boxes up. 

Then I went to work for a few minutes, and Katrina called to ask me to figure out Aria's immunization records.  I was able to figure out a way to get them that day: I walked into the clinic and asked for them.  They asked for her doctor and her name, but that was it.  I could have gotten anybody's shot records.  They never asked for my name or ID.  If it was more important information, I'd expect to be asked to provide some more personal information.  It was a little weird (and stupidly easy) nonetheless.  I got off about 3, picked up Aria and went shopping.  We spent 5 hours together before we were done - Wal-Mart, the dollar store, Shop Rite, and the storage unit.  By the end, she had all of her girls camp stuff put together. 

We got home at 8, and after getting the kids to bed, I tried to sleep from 9-11, but it didn't work.  I didn't drop off at all, I don't think.  And then it was in to work again from midnight-2.

Random pic of the day is for Katrina: this truck was 1 block off Grand Central when I got in on Saturday night.  I was short on time, so I didn't buy one, but it was there!  Tim also mentioned that he thought we were crazy about Mr Softee, but then he saw a truck and understood what we were talking about.

The Mr Softee truck is on the far side of the street in front of Citibank.

No comments: