Tuesday, June 12, 2012

#10 - Nothing Special - June 11, 2012

Monday was uneventful - I stayed at the hotel interviewing candidates for open positions in my team, then made yakisoba for dinner and bought a couple shirts. 

Here's my shirt story.  A week ago, I left 4 shirts at the dry cleaner.  I have 5 dress shirts for work, so this was significant.  They were supposed to be ready on Thursday.  Nope.  Friday morning.  Nope.  Friday afternoon.  Nope.  I had had to wear a t-shirt to work on Friday because I was out of options.  Saturday I went back.  No shirts.  The guy said he would deliver them.  Nothing Saturday, nothing Sunday.  I did a hand-wash of my old Sunday white shirt and wore it for interviews yesterday.  Then I went to Sam's club and got a couple cheap short-sleeve button down shirts.  They will do me for this week.  I have to order some dress shirts today.  We'll see what the dry cleaner comes up with. 

Katrina's cousin is having some health issues, so we talked about how Katrina could make some time to go upstate to help her and we settled on a plan.  And a friend from childhood (pre high school) is about an hour away on vacation.  So we made a plan to get dinner together on Tuesday.  Should be fun - a double date.

Here's a random pic from our day in the city on 6-2.  We got to Grand Central earlier than Katrina and Aria did, so we got a donut from a street vendor on Lexington. 

No comments: