Wednesday, June 13, 2012

#11 - Missing the Finals, Getting a Good Time - June 12, 2012

Tuesday was all set: Game 1 of the NBA finals, which were shaping up to be a great finals for me.  No Phil Jackson team made it.  I've harbored a grudge against Phil since the Bulls wiped up the league in the 90s.  I like LeBron James.  I thought his move from Cleveland to Miami was logical, and his publicist/agent probably pushed him to "The Decision".  I like that Wade and James took pay cuts to get Bosh and the other guys on the team.  The team is fun to watch.

I like the Thunder because Kevin Durant is a huge scorer (I expect high-scoring games, which I prefer), and they used to be in Seattle.  So I was all set - the game was going to start at 8pm, and I was going to watch it, maybe with Christian for a while, even.

But I got a Facebook message in the morning that changed our plans.  We were invited to go to dinner with friends instead, so we went out.  Aria took charge on the home front.  We went to Little Sorrento in Cortland Manor and had a fabulous time.  3 hours for dinner. I ordered a manicotti, and I'm pretty sure that dinner took so long because they made mine from scratch.  Great food.  And Jen and Matt are awesome people and their little girl is a total sweetheart.  We had a fabulous evening.  Could not have been better.

In other news, we're working out housing arrangements.  We may have another set up worked out.  Odd that we have options here despite not being here for very long.  We heard that the sellers of our house got quotes to remove the oil tank, so that's something positive.

And I don't know how weird it is, but I'm going to send them a letter.  I'll tell them how excited we are to purchase their home, offer to buy 3 tables they have, to help pack if they'd like, and to give them a cash incentive to close early.  That's really what we want.  And we don't trust that simple message to get through their realtor.  So we'll do a little bypass.  If they don't feel comfortable dealing directly with us, that's fine - they'll have the option to not respond, and we'll let it go.  As long as we close on July 15.  We need to get in there within a couple days of July 15.  Hopefully it will be earlier.

Random picture of the day: we were signing contract for our previous purchase attempt, and brought the kids.  Aria borrrowed my phone and took this picture of her squishing Christian's head.

No comments: