Wednesday, June 13, 2012

#12 - Signatures! - June 13, 2012

Today I was in a meeting when our attorney called.  I called her back a little later, and got some good news.  The sellers had an appointment to sign contract later in the day, and the signature page would be FAXed over right away.  The fully signed original contract would arrive on Friday, at which point they can be sent to the loan officer.  Also, it appeared that the intent of the sellers is to sign the contract as is, meaning they accept the conditions in our rider. 

Whew.

I also got some feedback from our final loan application.  It's a letter of agreement with the lender and us, where they tell us the last questions they have, and we agree to their terms.  We did the same thing before, so this is nothing new.  There were a few questions in there, so I spent a few minutes to gather information and send it back.  And I found a storage unit for us.  So we can now start packing up unnecessary things and put them in the unit while we live like we're on vacation (with fewer clothes, toys, etc) for a few weeks.  I also have a bunch of stuff to put in storage - my guitar, my camping gear, a bunch of extra clothes, winter gear, etc.  We have a lot of stuff in these hotel room right now. 

And we can also start to purchase some larger things that we'll need right away, and that will be very nice. 

The big thing today is that I expect that tomorrow we'll have fully countersigned and executed contracts.  That's the big hurdle, the one we could not bridge with Bank of America.

Random pic of the day: Katrina and I went to the drive in on May 14, and came back to a clean room with this note from Christian.

No comments: