Monday, June 18, 2012

#16 - A sleepy daddy's day - June 17, 2012

Today was sleepy.  Hitting the sack at midnight and getting up at 5 to prepare for primary is not enough. 

Katrina got me some stuff for a grill.  A grill goes with it, we just have to pick it out.

We hit church late.  As the kids got up to sing for Father's Day, the primary pianist came up to me: "Can you lead?"  Not knowing which song they chose, but deciding that I could wing it anyway, I walked up.  Thankfully, the kids knew me from last time and they followed me.  It was "I'm So Glad When Daddy Comes Home".  Fun song.

The Young women passed out bottles of root beer, blow-pops, and popcorn with a note that said, "We SODA thought you're on awesome pop!" or something like that.  Then I got to do music with the kids.  I had a great time, and I think they did, too. 

After church, we hung out for over an hour.  Katrina had a meeting, so we all went to the nursery.  The kids use the huge set of blocks to make bowling lanes, duplos to make pins, and a little plastic bowling ball.  Some other kids hung out with us, too.  When the other ward started, we went outside.  Finally, at 1:20, Katrina came out of the building and we went home. 

We had leftover pizza for lunch, and then I took a nap.  I woke up at 7.  I haven't had a 5-hour nap in a very long time.  Katrina and Aria made waffles for dinner, and I had breakfast in bed for probably the 3rd or 4th time in 13 years.  Then the kids went to bed, and I sat down to watch the NBA Finals.  The Heat led most of the game, and despite some surges by the Thunder in the 4th quarter, they held on for a 6-point win. 

I tried to sleep after the game, but the nap completely killed my sleeping mojo.  Usually in the past I would have given up and gone out of the room to read or something, but I decided to try an experiment, and I stayed in bed trying to fall asleep.  It was a little frustrating, but very interesting. 

We called my dad, but had to leave a message.  Katrina was able to talk to hers.  A sleepy, low-key Father's Day for me.

Random pic: from Friday night (I think it was Friday). The girls had a good time at Pizza Hut.

No comments: