Friday, June 29, 2012

#26 - life at home, but not mine - June 27, 2012

Work was a normal day.  Tim had breakfast with Jack, and mentioned our housing situation.  So Jack immediately called me and sent me an email inviting us to stay with him.  Really.  The kindness that has poured out on us here is astonishing.

I had received an email from someone at work who wanted to spend some informal time.  So I went over to his place and we talked for 4 hours.  After that I went home.  My colleague and his son were out at baseball practice, so I helped his fiance make enchiladas.  We talked about just about everything.  She's very sweet, smart.  A really great person.

The guys got home eventually.  The enchiladas were excellent.  We sat around the living room and ate and talked until 10:30.  Far later than I thought.  Perfectly relaxing and peaceful.  Really a nice time.

And then I went to sleep, after finding out that my parents had FAXed the paperwork for the motorhome sale.  Another good day.




No comments: