Wednesday, February 22, 2012

#49 - A long day and a blah blog day

Wednesday, February 22

Today I am thankful for things going right on our home sale.  It will be on the market soon.  We've invested a lot in it over the last 6 weeks or so, and I have a very good feeling about it.  New windows come in this weekend, and all we have left then is 2 bedrooms to paint, a fence to finish, and a room of new carpet.

Another great day at work today.  I have to be careful to not run over my comanager.  He's decent and kind to a fault, and I have to be careful to treat him so that he feels respected.  I respect the man greatly, but there is sometimes a gulf between respecting someone and him feeling respected.  I hope to bridge it.

Yesterday when I got in the car to head to work it was 19.  This morning it was 39.  High today near 60.  The locals are joking about how many snow days we'll take when winter finally comes.  But it seems that spring is in the air.  We'll have some more cold ones, I'm sure, but the last of the great snows (there was only 1 this winter, back on Halloween) are likely done.  But who knows?  March could be surprising.  People say that summer comes a month later here, and leaves a month early compared to Oregon.  That's fine.

I found out today that Gortja (my landsupertanker) will be here on or around March 2.  And I still don't have a corporate credit card.  So I'll have to book the car and hotel either on a personal card or get the travel dept to book it for me.  Frustrating for everyone.

Sorry for the blah blog tonight - I was at work at 6:30 this morning, and did not leave until almost 8.  It's time to sleep already.

As I drive around looking at houses, I try to figure out if they are vacant or not.  Sometimes I have a hunch, and a good look through a living room window will confirm it.  Sometimes I have to think harder, though: what does this open mailbox with spider webs tell me about the house's vacancy status?

No comments: