Thursday, February 2, 2012

365 #28 Saying Goodbye

Wednesday, February 1

I am so thankful for our community today.

As I've been driving around this week, I've been looking at things.  This was the last Monday that I'll wake up in my bed in Beaverton.  Noticing the way 217 winds its way through Tigard and Tualatin.  My last Sunday in the Bethany Ward.  The last this or that.

And as I see people, I think, "I won't see him again, almost certainly for years."  And I've come to appreciate the community we have built here.  I've always thought I was terrible about building friendships, but I guess I'm not that bad at it.  We've been able to go out to lunch with friends, and lots of people have offered to help with anything.  I'm confident Katrina will be ok if she just uses the phone.  We have a lot of support here.  A lot of people are genuinely sad to see us go, and several families are thinking about stopping by to see us after we move.

Work done today:
-Kitchen reorg made progress (Katrina)
-Main bath tub is clean (Katrina)
-Finished 1 section of fence and the neighbor's side of another section.  We only have 1/4 of the whole job left.
-loaded up dad's truck with another load of firewood
-he also took our lawn chemicals, seed, and the last propane tank
-staged all the wood where it belongs - 2x4s, pickets, and 4x4s
-so now the front is clear, ready for the dumpsters to be picked up and the Pod to be delivered on Thursday
-arranged for Gortja (my SUV) to be shipped early so I can drive it in NY

On Thursday, I'll go get the last materials, start to build the last section of fence, and start to load the pod.  I only have 2 things left on my must-do list before I go: finish the fence and load the pod completely.  There are many many things on my want-to list, but I simply don't see them happening.

No comments: