Tuesday, February 14, 2012

#41 - Singin' again

Tuesday, February 14

So today should be a Valentine's Day post.  But it won't be.  Katrina and I are very practical with special days - if the date is not convenient, it gets moved.  So we do something special, but not on the day that anybody else tells us to.  There's a long (more than 10 year) history to it, and that's how we roll.  Makes it easier for us in a lot of ways.  So we'll get V-day next weekend.

Today I am thankful for music and company.  I've never been really sociable unless I'm within a group of people with a purpose.  Random groupings of people with no purpose (parties of any kind, bars, dances, even church sometimes) are extremely unpalatable.  So I made a practice of finding a choir wherever I went.  It's the first thing I do at church, and the first thing I do in a community.  Tonight I am going to sing with the Hudson River Camerata.  We're going to perform Faure's Requiem in April.  I'm very excited.  I got a recording of it on tape on the B side of Mozart's Requiem.  I like Faure's much better.  I played it until the tape died.

But, luckily, I have a few minutes before I need to get out the door and go to rehearsal.  So, some pics for today:  Fun Central is Poughkeepsie's answer to Bullwinkle's.  I am, frankly, unimpressed.  The minigolf looks great.  Inside appears to be just an arcade.  It wasn't open when I went by, so I could be wrong.  Out back is a huge batting cage.  Meh.  Splashdown Beach is a different deal.  These pics are form the ugly side.  There is an entrance a little further South where you park, and I'm sure it looks much better from there.  Water parks are awesome.  Water parks with annual passes are awesomer.  Off to sing!  O happy death singing!




No comments: