Saturday, February 4, 2012

365 #30 - The ball keeps rolling

Friday, February 3

Today I'm thankful for insurance, medicine, and my father.

My dad is a nice guy.  Period.  He gets frustrated sometimes, but he's always a nice guy.  He's been out here almost every day since we decided to take the NY offer, and today was no exception.  This morning I was up and working on the pod early.  Dad came abut 9.  We spent a few minutes on the fence, then I went off to see my doctor.  I walked out with what I wanted - a prescription for pseudo ephedrine.  By the time I had stopped at Home Depot to get tie downs for the pod, and then had filled the prescription, it was almost noon.  Dad had finished the last piece of neighbor fence.  Now there is just the gate and the section in front of the studio left.

We filled dad's truck with old fence boards, pulled out the new walls in the living room, and then I suddenly didn't have that much for him to do.  He took home a bunch of spray paint we can't take with us, and he left at about 3.

I worked in the garage until 5, putting things in the pod, clearing off shelves in the garage.  I got the white shelves almost empty, which means that tomorrow I can bring down the camping gear from the attic and the Christmas decorations from the rafters.  Once that stuff is in the pod, I'll finish clearing out the garage.  Still lots to do there, but I can see it being finished today, since I don't have to go anywhere during the day.

This evening I found a choir that I can sing with.  They're performing Faure's Requiem in April.  I've missed the first 2 rehearsals, but I'm hopeful I can get in.  My first rehearsal would be Tuesday evening.  I also found several local theatre groups.  They have all held auditions in the last couple weeks, though, so I won't get to be on stage this spring.  Maybe something in the summer, if Aria can do it.

Oh - and today I found my room in Poughkeepsie.  There's a guy with a wife and 2 little kids who live on the bottom floor.  There are 2 college students (and now me) on the 2nd floor.  Perfect location and a great price for me.

Meanwhile, the moving company came to do an estimate and the 2nd realtor came by to give some guidance on what the house needs to prepare to sell.  Gortja will be picked up on Friday or so, so it appears I'll have a rental car for 3-4 weeks total.

Early to bed tonight - hoping to finish the garage, take the old cast iron pipes out from under the house, and finish adding a couple items to the luggage tomorrow.  Flight is at 6am Sunday.

No comments: