Friday, February 10, 2012

365 #37 - FRIDAY!!!

Friday, February 10

Today, I'm thankful for time.  Time to adjust.  Time to take stock.  Time to rest.  Time to reflect.

I slept well for the first time last night.  Went without the Sudafed and slept 6 hours straight.  That's a 2 week record, I think.

The work week has been interesting.  Long days, a little frustration.  And some really good vibes today.  Today was a really good one, actually.  I'm in the thick of things now - it's been 5 days, and I can feel the drive to push things forward coming on strong.  It's going to be good.  I can feel it.

I stayed late at work tonight, and have been vegging out at the hotel.  I bought some groceries yesterday, and I've been snacking through that for dinner tonight.  Meanwhile, I turned on the TV for the 2nd time since I got here.  The first time was for the Super Bowl.  Tonight was to watch the Knicks.  I think they're my new basketball team.  Jeremy Lin is fun to watch.

Katrina called and we talked for a long time.


I've been driving past a diner ever since I got here.  It looks like a diner should - lots of chrome on the exterior, neon.  But it's new.  The place is BUSY.  The parking lot was almost full, and there was a 10 minute wait to get seated.  I sat at the bar and had no wait.  It was probably a nice place if you were out in the restaurant.  At the bar, I could feel the stress rolling out of the kitchen.  The food was fine, not too spendy (a filling Monte Cristo for $9.50), and the place is nice.  I'll go back, but probably not unless I have the time to wait for a table.

No comments: