Friday, February 3, 2012

365 #29 - Exhaustion

Thursday, February 2

Today I am thankful for a good house manager.  My wife has always paid the bills.  And she has done the huge majority of kids' paperwork, insurance, that kind of thing.  Because of our short timeline for my leaving and the fact that she will be living in the house while it sells, she has taken ownership of the moving stuff.  Call the garbage company to order dumpsters?  Call them back to get the dumpsters removed?  Call the window people to come and do the rest of our windows?  Call the landscaper to get a quote?  Walk through the house with the realtor to figure out what we have to do?  And on and on and on.  She had let me do the work I need to do and taken care of all that stuff.  That's normally the kind of thing I have to do, but she has jumped in with both feet and kept things moving quickly.  It has made this 1 week I had here very effective.

I came down with a cold the day before we left New York to come home.  It has only gotten worse.  And worse yet is the fact that I had a list 2 miles long of hard physical labor tasks that I needed to do.  Thankfully, the majority of that list is complete.  I still need to help my dad finish the fence, paint the studio, and load the pod.  I'd like to clean out the hot tub, but I don't see it happening.  And I have found a few things that I did not pack last week that I want to take with me on Sunday, so some repacking will need to happen Saturday.

I have been doing hard physical labor all day every day since Saturday.  Even Sunday I took a load of firewood down to my parents' place.  The congestion and the stress that makes my stomach feel not-right and my to-do list make sleeping a luxury. But my sick body requires it.  Grrr.

Just a few days left.  Today we should be able to finish the fence and paint the studio (if the wind calms down). That means I have about a day to load the pod, and then load my backpack with camping gear and pack the guitar to take back to NY with me in a few weeks.  Which should be doable.

No comments: