Thursday, March 1, 2012

#55 - Back to Work

Tuesday, February 28

Today I am thankful for football.  And the PS2.  I have trouble exercising when it is snowing and raining, and trouble when other people are around.  And trouble in my hotel room with no equipment.  I know there are workarounds for all these things except the social anxiety, but they don't work for me.

So my active mind has had to be content with a turn-based strategy game, reading books, and the occasional TV show.  Watched the end of the first Ghostrider.  What a waste of everything.  Yuck.  Glad I spent no money and only 10 minutes on it.  No desire to see #2.

But I brought my PS2 and games back to NY on this trip, so I was able to fire it up and play some NFL 2K1. I know it's old, people.  I still like it.  I have 2K2 as well, but don't like it as much.  So my active mind could pretend I was outside, running in the sun.  That was important.

My comanager had to leave NY suddenly, and so I find myself responsible for running the site.  There are many MANY things to be done just to run the basics.  And there are projects my boss wants me to start on, and projects I want to start on.  And they don't always coincide, and there are certainly too many things for all of them to be addressed right now.  So I'm learning a lot every day.  Not having a lot to contribute yet - I'm just barely holding it together, and that only because I have some great guys on my team to fix my mistakes.

Carpet was laid at the Beaverton house on Tuesday.  No more major work left except some painting.  And then there are odds and ends.  I have stopped looking at houses for the moment.  I think that will be a large part of my life very soon, but the Beaverton house is not on the market, and I know that it only takes 3 days to get prequalified for a loan.  So I feel a little less time-crunched than I did before.

Pic of the day is from my departure from NY on Friday.  I finally downloaded the pics from the iPhone.  Mind you, I had taken pains to find out the forecast.  3 inches of snow was NOT in the forecast.  Left is my car with empty luggage.  Right is the hotel parking lot and Wal-Mart in the background.  5am.



No comments: