Thursday, March 8, 2012

#64 - Making plans

Thursday, March 8

Today I am thankful that Katrina has everything under control.

Over the past week or so, a lot of little things have come up - when do we list?  How do we schedule the inspectors?  When do we get the Pod delivered?  How do we get these disclosures complete?  And a million other things.  Half the time when I ask about that, they're done already.  I've really been able to concentrate on my work here, and searching for homes.  It's been really excellent.

The fact that she has succeeded at all this as the project manager is pretty cool to me.  It was a huge undertaking, requiring constant attention, with huge consequences.  In what looks like the end (you can never be sure until the papers are signed), she has done it on our schedule (which was admittedly aggressive), in our way, and has the thing mighty close to closed out.  From marketing the house (who knew that networking would work to sell a house?????) to prioritizing projects, to figuring out the right person to do the task, to arranging for the task to be done (by herself or others), to following up when it wasn't done right, and everything else.

She has done a really excellent job.  I talked with Christian for about 10 minutes today, and he doesn't sound stressed.  He sounds happy.  He's ready to move, proud that he and Libby cleaned the kitchen last night.  Things are really under control there in the best possible way.

Soon we'll all be in NY, in our new home, making a go of it together again.  That will be nice.  And hectic.  But nice.

I took a seat on the Southbound train on Sunday on the river side.  I was intrigued by this castle across the river.  I did not need to ask anyone what it was.  I knew.  Okay, I knew after I looked at the map on my iPhone.  It's West Point.  A place I had never put on my list of things to see, but important nonetheless, and glad I did see it.


No comments: