Friday, March 9, 2012

#65 - Finalized

Friday, March 9

Today I am thankful for recklessness.

I have a penchant for half-brained thinking and wholehearted apology.  This week, I think my half-brained thinking became an asset.  I know my job and workplace well enough now that I can start to take risks.  I'll ask people to do things, start to get things rolling.  Often someone will come back to me with something like, "Did you know this person is supposed to be working on that?"  The answer in my head is, "No.  Why aren't they doing it, then?"  I'm more polite of course.  But doing this repeatedly has a significant merit: it makes people think they can speak up, that they will be heard.  That action will be taken.  So I think I'm that guy here.  I just have to be methodical and solid in follow up and setting expectations.  I think it's going to be a lot of fun.

I put in a long day at work today - 7 hours first, then took 4 hrs to finish off the preliminary house hunt, then back to the office for 3 hours.  Needed to be done, and I'm glad I did.

So today I swung by the last 5 houses on our list of possibilities.  One of them is still good enough to see, I think.  Another would be interesting, but it would have to be very surprising on the inside to overcome the negatives on the exterior.  So the house list is finalized.  Yay.

I also tried to to return my rental car.  But the guy at the agency today when I got there told me something different than the woman I spoke to yesterday. So I could not return it there, I have to use a different location.  I may return the car in the morning and do a walk/run to Gortja as exercise.  It would be good for me, I think.

Today's pic: liberal NY subway graffiti.  Don't recall which station this was at.


No comments: