Thursday, March 1, 2012

#57 - My love has arrived!

Thursday, March 1

Today I am thankful for a few restful nights.  I needed them.  Now I feel pretty much human again.

I forgot to mention something in yesterday's post: I met the other LDS guy at work.  He doesn't know me yet.  Which I think is funny.

Today was a slushy snow day.  The roads are plowed regularly here, so the snow that fell yesterday is off the roads, which are wet but not icy or snowy.  Not a big deal.  I was able to clear out a lot of things at the office today, and that was nice.

Today's pic is of this latest snowfall.  You can see the gorgeous natural view out my window - pristine concrete and Wal-Mart grow in the forest like pimples on Gaia's face.  But there was some snow, and it was outside my room.

Also, today a big step occurred: Gortja arrived.  Yes, my lovely lady is here!  Katrina is still in OR with the kids, but my car is now parked at the office.  It was a little odd to drive her - she sits so much higher than the rental cars I've been driving.  But she made the trip fine - a little dirty, but none the worse for wear.  I shall have to wash her soon.

Katrina is ready to list the house.  We have a price, and an agent.  It should be officially listed tonight or tomorrow.  One step closer.  This is about as early as we thought it could possibly be ready.  But things have happened on time, the agents are impressed by how much work we've put into the house, and things are moving forward.  Our list price is quite a bit higher than we had thought it would be.  So we're just hoping that it sells quickly for this higher price.  It would mean we may have a cash down payment on a house here, instead of needing to withdraw from retirement.  Or we could buy a house at the top of our payment price range and only withdraw a little from retirement.  Or we could get the cheaper fixer and put some cash toward fixing it, and have what we want from the start.

Lots of options.  Thanks to my previous employer for saving for my retirement when I was not responsible enough to do so!

No comments: