Wednesday, March 14, 2012

#70 - a day off

Wednesday, March 14

Today I am thankful for reasonable people, and a day off.

I've spent the last 3 days in the factory, hanging out with, talking with, and learning from the guys on my team.  It's been really useful and educational.  Really helpful.  It's been worthwhile as well - this outsider came in and all of the sudden was in charge.  "Who is this guy to tell me what to do?"  There's not such a problem with that any more.  Plus, I'm not much of an autocrat.

And tomorrow I do not have to work, because I'll be out with a realtor looking at homes.  The goal is to be able to put out an offer tomorrow afternoon.

But it's been a long day - I woke up at midnight, worked until 1, had lunch, and then ran errands and just got back from dinner.  Tomorrow I have to offset my schedule by 7 hours to get a full day, then I have to offset back 3 hours again for work on Friday.

Today's pick: Spring!  This is from my walk on Saturday, again.  But the grass is starting to green up, the trees are budding.  It has been near or at 70 for the high the last 3 days, and tomorrow is supposed to be beautiful again.


No comments: