Friday, March 2, 2012

#58 - The reality of selling #2

Friday, March 2

Today I am thankful that we could do all the work to the house that we did.

We've spend a lot of money, and an inordinate amount of time preparing the house for sale.  Along the way, Katrina has been networking to potential buyers.  One in particular has been insistent.  Today, she saw the house.  And she drafted a full price offer for the house.  It is not on the market yet, actually.  Her own house is waiting for closing, so we may have to wait a few weeks for things to go through - the inspection, mostly.  Once the offer is finalized, and the inspection is done, she should be pre-qualified and we should be able to get the movers out there.  She wants to move in ASAP.  We want to move out ASAP.  I think we both win.

When I left Oregon, it was not ready to go.  Katrina has done an excellent job of project management on it. My dad has done a massive amount of work, but it was too much for 2 people to do.  So Katrina found painters and carpet people and packed and cleaned and wrangled the kids to keep the house in good shape.  It has been nice to watch her do it - a person doesn't know it can be done until she does it, and then it feels good.  It makes a person feel strong, and that's a good thing.

So the house is really sold yet.  But it does appear that the eventual buyer has found us.

It's been a busy, rough week at work.  I have more to do this weekend, but I'm getting a handle on this.  It doesn't feel like I'm going to drown quite any more.  Just swimming in rough seas.  But I love it.

I was going to take the weekend off from house hunting, but this new development kinda makes that more important now instead of less.  So Katrina is going to make a list for me, and I'll do that.  And I will likely catch a movie and take a walk over the Hudson.

Last week, Christian asked what my hotel room looks like.  This is a suite at the Hyatt House in Fishkill.  I have no complaints.




No comments: