Saturday, March 24, 2012

#77 - The not-so-good, very-bad day

Wednesday, March 21

Today I am thankful that at least my kids are healthy and I have a job.  Nothing else seems to be reliable today.

Today was a depressing day.  A frustrating, tiring, depressing, frantic, impossible day.  One of the worst (possibly the worst, actually) of my life.  So I put off writing about it until I had some perspective.

In the morning I got a call from our relocation company.  Because the home inspector had written the word "asbestos" in the report, the company will no longer acquire our house in Oregon.  This is 5 days before the company is supposed to acquire it, and it's information that we would have told them if they had asked.  We filled out 5-6 pages of detailed questions about the place, honestly, over a month ago.

So now we're back to square one with our buyer.  New offer, everything.  Instead of being free of the house on March 26, it's sometime in April.  Additional headache for Katrina and for me.  And we have no idea how we're going to front the money to cover closing costs in Oregon as well as a partial down payment in NY before the OR house sells.  Who really has $40K laying around for use on 5 days notice?  We don't.

And then there was some drama at home.

And work was hopping busy as well.  Just an ugly, ugly day.  It was sunny and 75, though.

No pic today.  That was mostly for the kids, and frankly the Oregon house is too busy to look at this blog until they get here.

No comments: