Thursday, June 27, 2013

#178 - Girls Camp Preppers - June 24, 2013

Cool thing from the last 24: the church choir sang something I kinda arranged for the first time.  I'll never make a living out of music, but I can certainly make a solid hobby out of it.

Today was mostly a recovery day.  I woke up at 7 on my first official vacation day from work.  I usually have some work responsibilities on Sunday mornings, and it felt soooo good to shirk them.  Or to not have them to shirk, I suppose.  I got some laundry done (Christian needed church pants), and headed off to choir practice.  We finished preparing and then sang a compiled version of Simple Gifts and Be Thou Humble.  I found an arrangement of Simple Gifts that I really liked, but it was too short.  So I found another arrangement of the 2 songs together, but I didn't like the other arrangement of Simple Gifts.  So I made some changes to the piano so I could splice the 2 arrangements together.  And then I wrote a 2nd verse to Simple Gifts.  We've been working this piece for ages, and it was nice to see it take flight and be done with it.  In addition, the original Simple Gifts is out of copyright, and both arrangements I used were with the public domain copyright, so no laws were broken.  I feel good about keeping up with that.

After dinner I got a list of camping supplies from Katrina and I started to assemble them in the laundry room.  I know where all the camping gear is, and she needed it.  I ended up needing to put up the tent but it was dark, and I only had 1 thing left on my list for Monday.

And that was it.  Time for bed.

No comments: