Tuesday, June 4, 2013

#169 - Our Nature Preserve - June 4, 2013

Cool thing from the last 24: walking out of the house this morning, on my way to work, it was just after 5am. I walked out the basement door, and saw this creature eating my lawn.
Summer mornings here are loud - bird calls are everywhere.  We spotted some foxes walking through the snow during the winter, and there's a raccoon or badger den in the forest out back.  And sometimes we have visitors like this deer.

Monday was a typical long workday: much accomplished, much still to do.  I was home relatively early, to the kids' dismay.  Aria wanted to babysit (read: watch TV with the other kids and eat popcorn).  So I told her that was fine, and I went to the basement to relax and then run.  The workout was my first ever 2 mile run in my life, I think.  Nearly every day I make some progress - a little longer, a little faster average, trying to take my max pace up from 6mph to 7 or 8.  Good challenge for me, and as I'm able to find a rhythm to it, I find that it's much the same mental game as cycling.

Katrina had gone with Christian on his big year-end field trip.  They got back about 5pm, while Aria was cooking pancakes for dinner and Libby and I were in the pool.  I sent the kids off to bed and watched the Heat obliterate the Pacers in the 2nd quarter.  Then I napped a little during halftime and woke up midway through the 3rd, which I watched until the end of the quarter.  Finally, feeling drained and feeling safe that my team was headed to victory, I went to bed.


No comments: