Sunday, June 2, 2013

#167 - My super-social kid - June 2, 2013

Cool thing from the last 24: Jake made friends with everyone.  Saturday morning, we had breakfast, and then Jake and I raked leaves together.  Toward the end of the raking, he wandered off, in search of something more interesting.  I looked for him for a while, confident he was safe, but not knowing where that was.  I found him hanging out with another family eventually, and took him to the bathroom to change into his swim trunks.  I let him change in there.  When I walked into the bathroom to check on him, I heard his voice coming from the stalls.  On the right was a man's shoes, shorts, and ankles, obviously seated.  In the left stall, I saw Jake's bare bottom, sitting down so he could pull on his shorts.  He was telling his neighbor about the movie "Wreck it Ralph", who was dutifully saying, "Uh-huh" at regular intervals.  The boy has no inhibitions, and will make friends with anyone, at any time.

We stayed there until about 12:30, swimming from 10-noon or so.  By that time, we were all hungry, so we went to the Beekman Square Diner.  Christian ended up with a huge cheeseburger, fries, and ice cream.  Jake had an order of pancakes.  Both came with ice cream, and they picked chocolate chip mint.  We got stuff, and were very satisfied.  I had a Greek burger, which was both interesting and tasty.

When we got home, the girls were gone, so we watched "The Princess Bride" together.  It's a slow start for Jake, but the boys enjoyed it.  It really does stand up well.  And then I watched the Heat lose.

Busy, wonderful day.

No comments: