Friday, January 13, 2012

365 #8 - Thursday, January 12

Today I am thankful for divine providence.  I don't know what else to ascribe recent events to, other than that.

This morning, I filled out the final online application for the NY job.  They use this information to determine the offered salary.  At this point, I have a second interview to do, but they have everything they need.  It's entirely possible that they will have an offer printed and ready to give to me next Thursday.

And then it was time to clean.  I did some laundry, put away some things we weren't using, took out the garbage and recycling, the odds and ends of housekeeping.  At noon, we had another mover come to give us an estimate.  Then I got dressed for the interview, my dad came over, and I left to buy a tie.  Because I have terrible fashion sense and don't trust myself, I went to Macy's and asked for help.  I brought 2 ties home, which I hadn't intended.  I had intended to buy ties, put one on, and go chill in a parking lot close to the local company.  But I had forgotten printed copies of my resume, as well as to write and print out a sheet of references.  So I got that done, and headed back out.

The interview went much better than the earlier one had.  The job is essentially the same job I had at Nikon, but this company is growing much faster.  At the end of the interview, the interviewer told me he wanted to offer me the job.  He still had some discussion with other people at the company, but that was likely my final interview.  It would take some time to put an offer together.

This has been my first normal week of job hunting.  I have had 3 interviews with 2 very interested and solid companies with good opportunities.  In the next 2 weeks, the whole process could just be done.  I expect we'll have 2 offers, and to have made a decision by Feb 1.  Really unbelievable.  All I can do is be grateful that by sheer, dumb luck, I was asked to interview for an interpretation contract at Nikon in 1998.  Since then, I have been blessed beyond belief.  And all those things that have happened since have brought me here.

No comments: