Tuesday, January 17, 2012

365 #11 - Sunday, January 15

Thank goodness for the times when you're supposed to prepare something, but don't really.  And someone else comes along, prepares for you, does the thing, and then apologizes afterward for messing up your plans.

This morning I slept in, and by the time church came around I had thought about primary, but had not gotten anything concrete yet.  We arrived at church, the first hour finished, and I had an idea.  I wanted to go over a couple songs just to keep them fresh, and then learn The First Article of Faith song.  A new pianist had been called, and she came in, ready to go.

As the kids were filing in, the presidency counselor running the show today came over and asked if it was ok if we mixed in some music with her lesson for the kids.  That's fine for me - I'm easy.  Once I saw the song list, I knew I would not have much time afterward for what I had thought about doing.  We finished up, and she came over and apologized.  "Did you have any big plans for today?"  I explained that I didn't, and it was no problem.

And I didn't have to worry about what to do, which was nice.

Choir was after church, and that was nice and quick.  Good medley of Called to Serve and Go Forth With Faith, arranged by our choir director.  In the evening, Aria had her first fireside.  She turns 12 this week, and the youth program has been inviting her to activities.  She's loving it.  From there, we came home and the guys came over.  Jim brought over an arrangement he had just done of an 80 year-old song.  It was gorgeous.  And then we sang out of the Yale Glee club book.  We're actually pretty close to having a couple of those songs down.  We worked most on Joshua Fit the Battle of Jericho.  Love that stuff.

No comments: