Saturday, January 28, 2012

365 #21 - Wednesday, January 25

The Lord works in mysterious ways.  I'm no longer unemployed.  Not quite jumping up and down because we have a TON of work to do, but it's exciting nonetheless.

The company called me back today at 1.  They had a final offer.  It was most of what we asked for.  I told the woman from HR that I'd have to discuss it with my boss.  She asked what I expected to be able to answer.  I told her I expected to accept it.

We hung up the phone, Katrina and I discussed the new offer.  We looked at each other, the weight of the decision visible in our eyes.  "This is it, huh?  This is real."  "Yeah, it's real.  Are we going to do this?"  "I don't know, I don't know, I don't know.  Wow.  I think so.  I think we do."  "I can call her back and tell her yes?"  "Yes.  Tell her yes."

I made the call.  15 minutes later, I had the revised offer letter in hard copy.  We had a million phone calls to make and emails to write.  I informed my counselor and recruiter that we were done, wrote an email to my brothers and sisters.  Katrina and I started making a list of things to do before we left.  It is not short.

So I fly to NY on Feb 5, start work on Feb 6.  Katrina and the kids follow around Spring Break.

No comments: