Friday, July 13, 2012

#41 - 2 more down - July 13, 2012

Today was a slow day at the office.  I finished all of my work, all of it, by noon, and spent the rest of the day trying to figure out what I could do that would be helpful.  I have a long list of things that need done, but I know that next week I'm in charge of production, and we're closing and moving.  So I don't want to get in the middle of something I can sustain.

BUT!!  Today was a big day for the house.  The survey came through this morning, so that is done.  I also got the oil tank documentation from the seller today, and sent that on to my lender.

I also got on email with our lender, and our attorney, and we all agreed on closing on Wednesday.  We all expect the last piece of paperwork to be done by then.  So we can close.  The day has been more a series of joyous texts, tweets, and phone calls than it has been about work.

And I forgot something I did last night.  Back in April, we got a cashier's check for earnest money on the house we ended up not buying.  The bank never cashed it, and according to our old attorney they sent it backto him.  But he never told us he got it, he hasn't mailed it to us.  He's just kept it.  Inexcusable.  So I went to the bank and asked them to put a stop payment on the check.  I love our local Chase branch.  They are awesome.  The teller who was helping me worked me through the issue for nearly an hour, and promised she'd finish it today and call me.  She called me today at 11.  The check has been out for nearly 90 days, and once it reaches 90 days, we can claim a "not used as intended" thing, and the bank will give me my money, and I can deposit it.  I've very excited to have that chapter completed as well.  So next Friday I can do that, but I'll probably wait until Monday because we're moving in on Friday!!

I stopped by Namco after work today, and was happy to see 50% off on patio furniture.  There is a definite advantage to moving in the middle of summer.  There is also a consginment funiture store going out of business.  So that may be helpful. 

I came home to an empty house, blogged for a while, and then got hungry.  There were leftovers in the fridge, so I had dinner and then sat down to blog some more.  And I'm all caught up again!

Whew!  Here's to hoping I don't get behind like that again.  That was too much work.  And not enough photos.  Sorry, mom.  Katrina has the kids now anyway, so I don't have any cute pics to share.

So to recap:
There is 1 document left to close, and it is not our responsibility to provide.  It will probably be done on Monday.
We are closing on Wednesday unless the title doesn't come through.
Movers are confirmed for Thu-Fri next week
Tomorrow I clean out the van and pack up all my stuff from the room I've been in.  Sunday morning I go get the family, we spend 3 nights in a hotel, and then we're going to be HOME!!!

No comments: