Friday, July 13, 2012

#36 - A muddled inflection point - July 8, 2012

I had bought ingredients for mom's "egg stuff" recipe yesterday, so this morning when I woke up I had work to do.  I got up at 6, cut up and fried zucchini and onions, and put the quiche together and put it in the oven.  When I had finished, I went into the sleeping room.  Katrina had me turn off the alarm, let the kids sleep, and we talked for about 3 hours.

It was probably the most important discussion we've ever had.  I think we both learned a lot, and we kinda decided together that Katrina was going to go back to school.  So come this fall, the kids and I will take care of the house and each other.  I agreed to take over bills and other paperwork.  Katrina wll be able to focus on school.  Starting now lets her finish before Aria hits 11th grade, so it's not great timing, but it's certainly not bad, either. 

I ignored the stuff I had baking.  Katrina finally asked if it was all right.  It was very brown but not black.  We ate it anyway.  We had already missed church, so we hung around for a while.  We talked in the kitchen, did dishes, I set up the Wii, and Katrina mentioned that she wanted me to drive the van home.  So that changed my plans, and I left about 1.

I got out of the city with only 1 wrong turn (because I had 2 split-second decisions to make, and the GPS didn't mention either of them) and got home about 3:30.  I parked the van in the neighborhood where I'm staying and walked the 2 or so miles to the train station to pick up Gortja.  No tickets, very handy.

I hung out with my hosts for an hour, and went in to work at 6.  I met with some of my team from 9-midnight, came home, and went to sleep at 1.  An odd day.  Not sure what else to say about it.

No comments: