Friday, July 13, 2012

#40 - Tenterhooks - July 12, 2012

Today was at last a well-rested day at the office, and I was able to think for a while.  It's quite nice, that sometimes I can just think about things at work and at home while at the office, and do a little writing.

We made no progress on the house today at all, but we did finally make concrete plans for Katrina and the kids to come back upstate on Sunday.  I'll go get them Sunday morning, and leave Katrina in the city.  She'll catch a train later in the day, after finishing clean up at Aki's.  I'll meander North with the kids, and we'll end up at a hotel somewhere.  I don't know where yet.  We're still waiting for a response back from the seller on us staying at the house next week.

We did set up a final walkthrough for Monday evening, but that's all really.

After work, I went to the house to see what was going on.  The dumpster out front is overflowing, but the oil tank looks much better than I expected.  There is no hole - they must have filled it.  But they also must have used a large piece of equipment on tracks, because there is a path through the trees where the vegetation is completely crushed and dead.  And the meadow is a little muddy.  But the garage is mostly empty, and the sun porch is empty.  I wanted so badly to go inside, but I didn't know if someone might be there. 

So I took a couple pictures, sent them to Katrina, and we talked for a few minutes.  Then I drove to the mall to kill some time.  I went to Best Buy and Old Navy, and I found that a lot of manufacturers are now selling passive 3D TVs.  So now I'm more entused about it.  I think we'll see 3D TVs come down another 20-30% by Christmas.  I've been waiting for 3D for a couple years, and it looks like it's finally time.  We got a Blu-Ray player less than a year ago.  Not that we've ever watched anything in HD on it, but we could.  I'm still not sure that was a good purchase, but we'll find out soon enough.

So still waiting for 3 things for the house.  Waiting.

No comments: