Wednesday, July 4, 2012

#31 - Life is Work - July 2, 2012

Today I woke up at 4, hit the office at 5, and didn't leave until after 7.  I got a ton done.  It was a very productive day.  And I spent about 5 hours of it in the fab with my team, which was nice.  It turns out that spending time in the fab is absolutely the right thing to do.  Every time I go in, the team makes comments that they appreciate that I am there.  And they have noticed that my comanager is in there more as well. 

I hit Wendy's for dinner and went home.  Then I had to do laundry. 

You don't think of laundry as a blessing.  It's really a chore.  But tonight it was a blessing.  For one, I was completely out of clean pants.  And underwear.  And I didn't have to pay for it!  I used the house's washer and dryer.  Put it in, put in the soap packet, "look ma!  No quarters!", turned it on, and went upstairs to chat.  Went down half an hour later to put them in the dryer.  45 minutes of chatting later, I got my clothes out, folded them in 3 minutes, and went to bed. 

It really was a long day. 

Random pic of the day:

This is the 50th st subway station.  I have been noticing lines and taking pictures of lines when I see them.  The support columns in the middle of the tracks that allow this tunnel to be so wide provide a nice perspective vs the straight yellow line in the offset-right of the frame.   This is the uptown-bound side.  The downtown trains are way off to the left.  The middle set of tracks is for express trains that bypass this station entirely. 

No comments: