Friday, April 6, 2012

#86 - A weekend, almost

Friday, April 6

Today I am thankful to not have to put in a full work day tomorrow.

Work this week has been one difficult machine problem after another.  We may have finally addressed a problem today, and so if our luck is good, we could be out of the woods by tomorrow morning.  Nevertheless, I have a meeting at 8am tomorrow.  I can only hope that we have a few successes tonight, the meeting will be short, and I can not concentrate on work for the rest of the day.  Same thing tomorrow.  So it's almost a weekend. 

I got the first piece of documentation on our new purchase here today.  The attorney the bank had been using is no longer doing foreclosure work, and the person who was supposed to find a new attorney for the bank dropped the ball.  So we won't have the signed contract until next week.  Which means the kids won't be in school by Wednesday, most likely.  I'll see what I can swing, but it may not work.

We are still unsure when the van will get here.   It was supposed to be here on Sunday, but it's Easter, so delivery will probably be Sat or Monday.  But I got no phone call and no email from the moving company today, so I have no idea.  Frustrating.  I like to plan, and that is obviously impossible without information.

The top pic tonight is from yesterday, Christian and Aria back to back in a chair, spinning.  The bottom pic is the kids in the pool.  If you look closely, you'll see Christian doing the back stroke, confident as a fish.  Both he and Jakers are spending a lot of their pool time learning how to hold their breath and gaining confidence under water.  I think we're headed back down there tonight.

No comments: