Wednesday, April 4, 2012

#84 - Being a contributor

Wednesday, April 4

Today I am thankful for clarity. 

Work was good today - a stretching day that I made some good things happen.  I knew from my email traffic early this morning that nothing went right overnight.  And so this morning I was in full "pull out all the stops and get stuff fixed" mode.  And in order to do it, I didn't have to call anybody's boss. Everybody recognized the situation and offered to help.  It was phenominal.  By the end of the day, we had 5 parallel paths moving to fix a certain situation, fairly certain that 3 of the 5 would be complete by morning. 

In the afternoon I had a meeting with my customers.  It was just 2 of them and me in a room talking about issues.  They are great - we don't try to fake each other out. We both have trouble at our companies, and we're working together to fix them.  They're nice guys and I like them. 

After work, we went to look at a house.  "What?!?" you say.  "I thought you had an offer on a house!"  Yes, you are right.  But there is one house that Katrina has really wanted to look at for a long time.  "What if, what if the house we're going for is not the right one?  What if this other one is the right one?"  So today we went to the best home we hadn't seen yet.  It was not right for us.  So we're at peace with our home decision.  It's nice to get that clarity.

We've also been able to work out the list of things we do for the house, the order we do them in, and how we will pay for them.  It's all going to work out.  Once again, Nikon, thanks for paying me to not work for you any more.

And, as a last cool thing for today - I've been asked to speak on Easter Sunday, about the Atonement.  And my family's records have arrived at the church, so we are all going to be read into the ward on Sunday.  Should be a good time.

No comments: