Tuesday, April 3, 2012

#83 - Refocused

Tuesday, April 3

Today I am thankful for the immediacy of family. 

Katrina and the kids went out to visit their new school and the mall today.  They picked me up just after 5 and we headed to the hotel.  Jakers wanted to play Uno.  So we played Uno.  Then the kids wanted to swim.  So I took them down to the pool to swim.

Then we came back up, I had some leftovers from last night, and after I blog and read for a bit, it'll be time for bed.  I like it this way.  It's a simple life.  Lovely.

The kids are settling in well.  I think Jakers and Libby are so used to a frenzied abnormal pace that they are really relaxed here.  We don't have to keep the hotel spotlessly clean (like a house for sale) and they don't have school yet.  So they sleep until 9, have a big breakfast of donuts, hot chocolate, cereal, and sausage, swim, head out for a few hours, get some dinner, and then head to their own hotel room to play and watch TV.  In my uncle Jack's words, "Happy, well-behaved children: what could be better?"

No comments: