Sunday, January 29, 2012

365 #24 - Saturday, January 28. Taking care of business.

Today, the whole world showed up at my house on short notice.

We got a ton of stuff done.  I spent the early morning in the garage and made some good progress.  My dad came over about 9 and started digging post holes with the auger.  I did a circuit of neighbors, and got permission from 2 of them.  Only 1 left.  Then it was off to Home Depot - 56 2x4x10s, 36 2x4x8s, 40 4x4x8s, and a huge bucket of screws.  Back home, unloaded the bishop's trailer, and it was lunch time.  And then Sean Hawkins came with his boys.  And then Leonard Downing came.  And then Blake Davis came.  By the end of the night:
dad's truck was full of firewood again
2 more sections of fence were down
one section of fence's posts were in
and most of the crossbeams were in
the play structure had a fresh coat of weatherproofing
the garage was in better shape
the walls we put up a few months ago were nearly ready to move out
the shed was gone
the trampoline was gone
front yard leaves raked
bricks from the studio moved
and the wood pile moved to the front.

Roughly 3 times what I had expected to accomplish.  That leaves me with some cleaning on Sunday, and Monday morning I'm going to buy the fence pickets.  Sean is coming back on Monday, and so is Blake.  My dad comes back on Tuesday.  He'll be shocked when he sees what has happened.

So thanks to everyone for everything so far.  Whew.

No comments: