Saturday, January 7, 2012

365 #2, Friday Jan 6

Yesterday brought more news on the job front.  I have an interview coming up soon.  The difference?  This time, I have a person's name, a time, and place for the interview.  This particular opportunity is hurtling toward us like a massive near-earth asteroid.  It is requiring all of our time and attention to prepare for it.  It's a great company, but we would have to move, which makes the decision much harder than if we stayed local.   Lots and lots to write about with this one, but I'll save it for later days as things clarify here.

It was a foggy morning here.  I left the house at 8:30, hoping to get in a couple hours of hard riding including some hills.  Because of visibility, I kept to bike paths along Evergreen until Glencoe Rd.  At times the fog lifted, and I was encouraged, so I headed into North Plains.   The fog kept falling down off the hills, West Union had poor visibility.  Thankfully, the sun was out, and there was no cloud cover, so it was not terrible, but I stayed away from the hills.  Once I crossed 26 Southbound on Helvetia, it was bike paths all the way home again.  A nice ride.  A cold ride.  A wet ride.

The rest of the day was focused on the new company and interview preparation.  It's really quite an adventure.

No comments: